Radiohobby.nl

Hét forum over radiocommunicatie!
Het is nu 24 nov 2017 22:21

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 13 berichten ]  Ga naar pagina Vorige  1, 2
Auteur Bericht
 Berichttitel: Re: System manager
Ongelezen berichtGeplaatst: 17 jul 2017 11:49 

damages schreef:
Code:
[SystemManager]
Address = sysman.freeradionetwork.de

without space in "SystemManager"

Also you could use AlterFRN server what does not need Sysman at all.
There are the newest its versions under development over there AlterFRN server

@damages:

I know this already !

Because there are also server operators who use this alternative server in the new FRN world. But in the log files of my Sysman I have noticed, that the alternative FRN Server still sends connect requests with fictitious account data to the sysman!? And of course this CC requests are answered by my sysman with status WRONG (wrong account data, wrong password, ...), but the alternative FRN server simply ignores this and allows the non-registered FRN user to connect anyway. I think the FRN server could also prevent the sending of these connect requests to the Sysman, because these senseless CC requests generates only unnecessary network traffic.
By the way, these FRN clients do not appear in the monitoring ...

In my opinion the procedure of the alternative FRN server (allowing FRN Clients without any registration) absolutely not OK, but I can not prevent, that these servers connect with the Sysman.

Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
Ongelezen berichtGeplaatst: 17 jul 2017 13:06 

frnsysman schreef:
In my opinion the procedure of the alternative FRN server (allowing FRN Clients without any registration) absolutely not OK, but I can not prevent, that these servers connect with the Sysman.

There are 4 modes for interracting with sysman which server's owner could select for his own server.
I dont want my server beenig depending on good will of any sysman, old one or new one.
For me as server owner that means much more then any traffic of this world.

Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
Ongelezen berichtGeplaatst: 17 jul 2017 13:30 

damages schreef:
frnsysman schreef:
[...]
I dont want my server beenig depending on good will of any sysman, old one or new one.
[...]

I do not know what bad experiences you seemingly did with the "good will" of old/new sysman, but I can only speak for my newly developed sysman and promise that I will strive to keep the system running and even to improve it constantly.

If only the alterate FRN Server that you are recommending would be used, all FRN Sysman components would be unnecessary. This is certainly not my intention, because then the many hours/efforts for the software development and the establishment of the neccessary network infrastructure would have been in vain.

Apart from this, the monitor functionality (including the GatewayList and WhoIsOnline View), which is often used by some users, would then no longer exist.

But this should not influence you in the use of your favorite server in any way, it is only my opinion.

Profiel  
Antwoord met een citaat  
Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 13 berichten ]  Ga naar pagina Vorige  1, 2

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur [ Zomertijd ]